Center for innovation and leadership in education
centile FALL 2017 newsletter
A summary of upcoming Fall events! Click to download the pdf.
IAMSE Webinar series
CENTILE is pleased to offer the IAMSE Fall 2018 Web Seminar Series:
Evolution and Revolution in Medical Education: Technology in the 21st Century
The Fall 2018 IAMSE Webinar series explores the role of multiple technologies in supporting and guiding the evolution of 21st century medical education. This series begins with a primer on how to effectively use technology to “flip” the classroom and reduce lecture time. This is followed by a session that probes the role and utility of instructional design in the development of Health Science courses. Harnessing the teaching potential of social media and identifying “responsible use” policies is the topic of the next session. The next presentation explores the “future of learning” through educational applications of virtual and augmented realities. The series closes with a comprehensive review of learning analytics and their applications to medical education. Upon completion of this series, participants will be better able to identify educational technologies and resources to assist in aligning medical education programs with 21st educational needs and values.
Join us on Thursdays in September at 12 PM Eastern Time for a deeper look at:
- The Current State of Technology in Medical Education (Sep 6, 2018)
- The Role and Value of Instructional Designers (Sep 13, 2018)
- Using Social Media as an Educational Tool (Sep 20, 2018)
- New Opportunities Afforded by Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (Sep 27, 2018)
- Realizing the Promise of Big Data: Learning Analytics in Competency-Based Medical Education (Oct 4, 2018)
We will be sending the access information on the Monday prior to each session.
Click here to register for sessions