How to Apply for Membership
Membership is open to all faculty at GUMC and Medstar Health with academic appointments at GUMC.
Trainees, including residents, fellows and post-doctoral researchers are welcome to apply at the Protege level.
- The first step is to review the criteria and rubrics posted below and think about your own expertise and accomplishments. Talk to your colleagues that are members of the Academy.
- The second step is to schedule a one-on-one meeting with a member of the Teaching Academy Selection Committee to review your CV and discuss which membership level is most appropriate for you. In-person and virtual consultations are available. Contact us for a on-on-one meeting at email@example.com.
- The third step is to develop an educator portfolio, complete the application and submit it by one of the deadlines.
The GUMC Teaching Academy Selection Committee meets two times a year, in February and September, to review applications. Applications for the Protege, Associate and Principal levels are reviewed twice per year and due on January 31 and August 31. Applications for the Distinguished Educator level are only accepted once per year and are due on July 31.
- Principal Member: Advising and Mentoring
- Principal Member: Curriculum Development/Instructional Design
- Principal Member: Direct Teaching
- Principal Member: Educational Leadership
- Principal Member: Educational Scholarship
Cover Page Example
Find the cover page of the application here